Chapter 2

Hello again blogging community!
It feels like it has been a very long time since I posted my first blog. Thankfully, today's post will still count as week 2's post, therefore keeping me on track for my 'At least one blog a week' personal goal for this year.

Whilst we're on the topic of goals, I have decided that 2012 will not be like 2011 in the sense that it will pass by without many (if any) personal achievement goals. I want to accomplish things. Tick things off my list of 'Things To Do' (I absolutely LOVE ticking things off lists... Some of my guilty pleasures in life ;) ) When 2012 ends I want to be able to look back and say, 'I was able to do a lot of really awesome things this year, read some amazing books, and visited places I have never been before'.

A year ago today, the of one of my closest friends mum passed away after a long, and yet gracious battle with cancer. Since then, my own world has gone into a spin, which really, has been the catalyst for many changes in my life since.
It has truly been as though glasses have been taken off my eyes, and for the first time ever I was able to see a fraction more of this amazingly breathtaking, fragile and purposeful world we live in. I am truly not just saying this for dramatic effect, but the past year has been an opportunity for me to grow up, question the very essence of most things I believe, and intern I have found myself right here. Stronger. More sensitive. A little older. More far from perfect than I have ever been, and yet more assured of who I am through the eyes of my Savior.

So, getting back to the goal setting... 
I feel that it is important for me to publicly write and get into the open some of these goals I have for this year. Mostly so that I have a point of accountability. As a little side note, I would LOVE to know how to format a little panel ---> over there so that as I complete these goals, I'll be able to cross them off my list. (Ohh, even the thought of it makes me a little excited). So if you have any idea how to do this, let me know! :)

Okay, here is the draft list of my goals... I know I'll add and edit them as time goes on, but you've gotta start somewhere, ey?
I'll organize them into a few categories just to make them a tad more manageable.

Things I want to do in 2012

Miscellaneous
  • Start writing handwritten letters more. Oh how I love receiving things in the mail, so why not be the change I want to see, and start a trend?? So, the goal incorporating this would be to 'Write at least a letter a month to someone'.
  • Be more organized.. Very vague goal I admit, but I'll try to specifically name a few areas where improvement is needed.
 Crafty goals
  •  Make myself a crocheted cardigan
  • Make myself a crochet/quilt blanket. I have a tendency to make things and give them away... Even though this is great and it brings me MUCH joy to do so, I want to purposely make something for myself to keep.
  • Create a set of lace doily lanterns (I'll attach a photo when I become clever enough to work out HOW to attach a photo)
Books I want to read
(This will be a fairly short list at the moment, only because I'm stuck in the lounge room near a power point due to my laptop's selfish need for power, therefore stopping me from having a look at the enormous collection of novels that fill my bookshelves. In later blogs I'll have to talk about this silly habit I tend to have where I am quite fond of 'the idea' of doing something, but my follow through just needs a bit of work)
  • Tomorrow When The War Began- John Marsden
  • A Book of Tomorrow's- Cecilia Aherne (I'm currently reading this book and although I'm really enjoying it, it's taking me a long time to get though it..)
  • The BFG- Roald Dahl
  • Time Traveler's Wife-Audrey Niffenegger (Yes Dani, we WILL get there one day :) )
  •  Emma- Jane Austen.... Ugh, I'll also get through this one day... haha.
 These are only a very few goals that I want to set for myself this year, but as I do consider them to be things I actually want to finish/accomplish this year, I'll take a little longer to think about them (plus, this blog has turned out to be ENORMOUS!)
When I began writing this post, I must say I was feeling a tad swept up in emotion, but after spewing out all of this, whatever this is, I am surprisingly feeling a lot better.


OH NO!


I truly hope that I'M not turning into a whingy-whiny non-teenager blogger...

Hahaha, keep me in line ladies.

Just to keep in style with my past blog I'll finish this slab of writing with a little story (continued from last time).



......
One fine evening whilst Amy was out on her twilight stroll, the emotion and busyness of her day fell upon her shoulders like a heavy blanket. Things that hadn't been overwhelmingly huge individually, combined their seemingly small forces and piled atop her frame, leading her to a dry and yet beautiful piece of land. And so, she sat down and assessed the chaos of her mind.
Her head was cloudy, and she didn't like it.
A discussion began within Amy's head, not the usual 'conscience chat', but a conversion of unspoken words with someone who knew more than she. Just like the 'fairy' plants that were skipping across the field infront, her thoughts began to change, 'lighten' almost. So much so, she was able to get up after a while with a new sense of direction, nothing dramatic mind you, but enough to recognize the hope that had been stirred up within her spirit.
Similar to the trail she took on her way home, Amy recognized that her life, just like the pavement under her shoes, is constantly changing, revealing opportunities to go a myriad of directions.
A lesson for today? Take time to rest, reflect and listen. These three important things aided Amy in another lesson for her soul. How fragile the balance of life is!
And so Amy's little turn around the block finished with a touch more determination in her step than there was when she began.
(...to be continued)

Comments

  1. Ticking things off To-Do Lists is one of the unsung glories of modern life...Some very worthy goals there, Lovely! And you're right, there's nothing like a handwritten note. Looking forward to seeing those goals crossed off one by one throughout the year :) oxo
    PS: Emma, Emma, Emma, Emma, Emma...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts